Thursday, May 10, 2012

From the Front Room

Well, it's Thursday evening and I find myself sitting in the dimly lit front room waiting for Dave to get home so we can watch "Iron Man 2".  I have been chasing the movie down for four days.  Stopping daily at the 3 Redbox's in town, checking for it online, all to no avail...then in a flash of hope I found that it was due today at the library and I swooped in and nabbed it. PHEW! It was a close one.

We've decided to try to watch several of these recently released MARVEL hero flicks before heading out to see "The Avengers"...apparently many others have had the same idea.  I've got my name in on reserve for "Captain America" - due tomorrow. I'm sleek and stealth like that.

So here are some other things that I have been thinking about:

  • I had fruit snacks today. Sometimes they are so good! 
  • T2 told me she sees her teacher's face more than mine, so sometimes she thinks I am her teacher when she glances at me. Not sure how to feel about that. Glad summer is coming.
  • I prepped some frosting for T3's birthday cake.  The bakery assured me that the frosting would keep from my last March birthday cake - it tastes fine, but it stinks. I ordered fresh.
  • I have to keep hiking my pants up today.  Are they too big? (YAY!) Or are my muffin tops pushing them down? (BOO)
  • I made a nasty dinner tonight.  When the kids saw what I was making they were all, "sick! I am not eating that!" It's true I found myself trying to come up with excuses as to why I should have something else...all the while telling my whining kids they "should be thankful I am even making supper" and "you don't know you hate it until you try it.". We supplemented dinner with grilled brats...and drowned aforementioned nastiness in syrup. (Like Buddy the elf!)
  • I got very little accomplished today. But T3 and I did read 2 chapters of Zorba the Hutt's Revenge. It's third in a series of who knows how many.  We've already tackled The Glove of Darth Vader, and The Lost City of the Jedi. Riveting I assure you.  So wonderful in fact, the children's librarian laughs at me every time she sees me heading back to that section for the next installment.  She likes to remind me that checking them out ensures that they stay on the shelf! Oh how I wish they weren't on the shelf. The thing that really bugs me is, much like the 'Left Behind' series, they so slowly move through the plot that each book leads into the next and the story never resolves...you have to read the next book! It's some sort of torture I'm sure. But T3 loves them...oh, the things we do for love.
  • I'm looking for a nice, cozy, off the beaten path place to go for dinner on our 10th anniversary. My original plan of a local inn that serves a 5 course seasonal meal with wine pairings for each course fell through and now I'm back to the drawing board. Any suggestions? 
Well, Dave still isn't home and I've run out of even moderately interesting musings. 

So, I'll sign off.

Sweet dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment