Tuesday, January 17, 2012

BookWorm

I can't deny it, I love a good book.  I am in the middle of the 'Anne of Green Gables' series and just love how I can get lost in the fun and imagination of a good story.  However,surprisingly, I find myself more fired up and entranced by a good academic study.  I am studying the biblical book of James under the tutelage of the very insightful Beth Moore. I just can't reproduce the stunning feeling of the light bulb going off when I make a connection.  I will resist spewing all the fascinating facts that I learned today, because I wouldn't want to rob you of your light bulb moments if you ever get your chance to uncover them.  Just know that while a good fiction story can warm your heart and even satisfy your soul...there is just nothing like the genius of the way the greatest story ever told is weaved together...how cliche, forgive me...but it is!

Why don't I devour it more consistently? It's so good!

1 comment:

  1. My small group is doing the James study too, Brystal! I have found the some wonderful aha! moments happening. I wish I would get into the Word by myself more often too, but I do find it easier when there's a guide for the journey.

    ReplyDelete